Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!!

This is a perfect holiday. No presents required, but vast amounts of food is mandatory. Hello, what can be better?
Okay, serious thought here for a minute. I know what this date represents to Americans all over the world. This is the birthday of the United States of America. The country that represents democracy to most of the world. Countless men and women have died to ensure we have the many freedoms we enjoy today. I am thankful for are military people for standing up for my rights. For ensuring I never worry about bombs or secret police attacking me in the middle of the night. They are the reason we enjoy our freedom of speech and many other rights we take for granted.
And now that you know where I stand on military support I'll move on to my love of a holiday that involves massive quantities of food and no crowded mall shopping. Love, love, love it.
So I'm am celebrating this wonderful day with my amazing friends. Nothing like getting together with like-minded insane writing companions to celebrate freedom of speech. We write romance for women. Very adult romance. I cannot imagine being able to write what I do without the constitution that protects me.
Getting together with my friends always an experience in insanity. We drink, we eat, we talk...too much and as always we plot new books. This time we came up with something new, fun and linked. I can't share the idea until we hand the final version to our amazing editor. As soon as they let me open my big mouth, I'll spill all the details.
I guess that's it for this week, people. I need to get back writing. So many books so little time. Until next week, people.

Kudos,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment