Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer, deadlines and other things I want to avoid.

Summer is hot. I hate sweating, but I love using the pool. However I think I'd be just as happy with a heated swimming pool in the middle of winter. You get the fun of swimming, maybe a tan without the three digit tempts. Who wouldn't love that?

Deadlines. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love to see them go, but I hate to see them coming. However, I feel they are a fact of my life as a published writer. If I didn't have them then it would mean no one wanted to buy my books. Yikes, something I so don't want to see happen. So I live in semi-harmony with the various dates that come creeping up on me. This week I'm under double the pressure. I have two books to finish by the end of the week. Normally I'd mildly panic except I'm headed out of town this weekend. So I have fewer days to write than I'd like. Yes, I could have finished the books anytime before now, but what fun would that be. In case you're wondering what stories I'll be pounding out I'll tell you. The third book in my Erotic Escapes series, Bonded at Lake Baikal needs to be finished for my amazing  EC editor. The other is the fourth book in my Club Botticelli series over at Total E-Bound. I'm excited to see the first book hit the virtual stands next month. This has been such a fun series to write and I'll be sorry to see it end.

I had an amazing review from Whipped Cream reviews over at Long and Short. Thanks, Tiger Lily, for ready and loving my book. I actually blushed reading the review and I never blush. Check it out
http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/2010/06/twenty-four-hours-by-allie-standifer.html
So I'm off to finish my two books before I hit the road again. I'll be spending the 
weekend with three of my favorite people on the planet. Brenna Zinn, Desiree Holt and 
Cerise Deland. Their cooking. I'm doing dishes and bringing pre-cooked food. My friends
smart and know better than to let me near a stove or microwave. 
Until next week, gang, keep reading and keep cool.
Kudos,
Allie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment